What makes great teaching? Well, this question is subjective. Great teaching varies from person to person and that is something that will be very telling from everyone's blogs and responses. As far as the 5 favorite strategies go; I chose a few I believed to be very effective throughout our own class. The Blogging With Other Educators method, which I stated gave us the opportunity to be able to discuss different ideas and comments with our classmates. The 3-2-1 allows us to analyze and observe things we liked while as a teacher being able to analyze what my students are still confused about. The word-It-Out method gives students the ability to recognize key concepts and words in a module. The Black-Out Poem, I believe is very powerful because it takes a bigger article and is able to summarize or turn it into a deeper analysis of what we are examing. Lastly, the 3-Minute Pause allows us to take a look back at what we learned and express how we felt about this topic. For me, teaching also goes beyond the list of 5 things we chose. While these methods are a good start-up for great teaching, being a teacher relies on the focus on being selfless. I know in my grade school days my favorite teachers were always the ones who cared about our lives outside of school. The teachers who would take their time to really show and express that they care about us and that are there for us. The ability to trust an educator with information regarding your personal life brings a sense of trust and respect for each other. Obviously, it is important to respect all your educators however, that sense of trust with someone who you know you can talk to makes students want to try harder and to be better for not only themselves but their teachers who only want the best for them.
Comments
Post a Comment